Oliver Paulus wrote:
As expected if you're not running an init (i.e. using the plain initstyle). >You'll have to use reboot -f to invoke vshelper which would reboot the guest.

Can you explain that a little bit more in detail for me? How is it possible to
use a simple reboot within vserver?

reboot alone won't work without an init, and by default guests don't have one (see below). reboot -f just calls into the kernel and tells it to reboot. This is caught by the patch and the kernel runs vshelper, which does the rebooting/halting.

As expected if you're not running an init (i.e. using the plain initstyle).

I think vserver is running init on startup.

Only if you're using the plain initstyle, the default (sysv) just runs the initscripts without going through init.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412