Roman Pretory wrote:
RP> ist a horror
RP> .)modules for iptables have canged
RP> have to search after use oldconfig

What is the old version you compared it against?

old Kernel = 2.6.12.3 = old .config

Of course, things change, that is to be expected. Netfilter got a rewrite a couple of versions ago (2.6.16, I think).

RP> .)Nic's are turned very funny for remote work

What do you mean by that, what was expected and what did you get?

2 nic's in each server Production1: 2x 3 Com90xx == not testet
Production2: Intel / Realtech  == error
Testsystem: 2x 3 Com90xx       == error

after reboot with the new kernel eth0 = eth1 eth1 = eth0

You shouldn't rely on the kernel's naming. If you need eth0 to refer to a specific interface, you'll have to tell your distribution's network scripts to rename the interface with that hardware address.

RP> .)Mailserver can't send mails with the new kernel

Again - what do you mean by that, what was expected and what did you get?

A bit on information is necessary - a bit more always welcom. You should
know that from your first "request session" ....

mailserver fc3 trys to send mails and can't take wron ip ,can't find host...
in bash all ok dns give correct answers
=>look for log =>reboot sendmail
=>reboot guest
=>reboot node
=>reboot node with 2.6.12.3   == mail are send!
=>reboot node with 2.6.17     == error again
=>reboot node with 2.6.12.3   == mail are send!

And why can't you send mail with 2.6.17? What does "take wrong IP" mean?

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412