Christian Affolter wrote:
Hi!

I build and use vservers where the guests need to cooperate with each other. That is, a system with with guests running Postfix, PostgreSQL, or Apache ( multiple guests as they are mod_perl driven ) and they all need to communicate with each other. So I want to build a Virtual LAN ( different from my take on a VLAN ) with virtual NICs.

   Basically the traffic never hits the physical LAN/WAN.

That make sense? IS it possible? If so what what should I be looking for in my research?
Yes it is possible, with the dummy net interface. You'll have to enable the dummy net driver support (CONFIG_DUMMY=y) in your kernel.

Thanks Chris. Is there a way test for this? I could ask Daniel if it got set in the Fedora Core 5 RPMs he built but that would be _really_ lazy. :-)

Rod
--

regards,
Chris