On Thursday 15 February 2007 07:52, ADNET Ghislain wrote:

i used a pre-made centos guest (bare bones) and had the same problem. i had to
manually download and install rpm and yum to get a workable system. i use
these centos4 and centos64 guests on a gentoo amd64 host and they work fine
now.

> is it possible to build a centos guest on a debian host ?
>
> i cannot made it . i have setup a server using vyum and -d centos4  but i
got a system so tiny that i havent any "yum"
> or "rpm" or any package (not even vi) and anything i want to install fails.
Is any centos guest user can share on how he

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book