On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 04:13:17PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was wondering if there is a possibility to move guests between hosts
> without stopping them ?

not yet, but mainline is going into that direction
so as soon as Linux will be able to do such things,
it will also be part of Linux-VServer

a work around is to put the Linux-VServer kernel in
a Xen domU and migrate the entire domain over to
a backup machine which usually covers all the down
for maintainance cases ...

> I allready have set up shared filesystem im running my guests from,
> was just looking for a possibility so guests wouldnt need to be
> re-started when im in need to move them around.

stop/start should take less than 5 seconds if the
guests are configured properly, so I guess the
downtime is acceptable ...

best,
Herbert