Am Dienstag, 3. April 2007 schrieb Roderick A. Anderson:
> Wilhelm Meier wrote:
> > Am Montag, 2. April 2007 schrieb Wilhelm Meier:
> >> after our conversion I got the quick cifs hack running (using a special
> >> CLONE-flag for the cifs-thread).
> >>
> >> The I got this patch, which changes the api to kthread_run. But, the
> >> problem remains. I still got this error in dmesg:
> >
> > I've to correct myself!
> > I had a configuration flaw ... if the patch is in place, it works as
> > expected. CIFS-shares can be mounted inside the guests.
>
> Wilhelm,
>
> Would you be willing to put some instructions together on what it takes
> to do this?

Ok., get the patch from the list and apply it
to /usr/src/linux-vserver/fs/cifs/connect.c (or whatever you kernel source
path is).

Recompile the kernel and/or modules (if cifs is a module). be sure to load the
newly compiled module ;-)

Boot the host into the new kernel or just un/load the cifs module.

Set the ccaps of a guest to binary_mount and secure_mount.

Restart the guest.

Enter the guest and do a

mount.cifs '\\windowsserver\share' /mnt/test -o
user=windowsusername,pass=password

inside the guest.

That's all.
Now you can use cifs-mounts inside a guest (like nfs-mounts).

--
Wilhelm Meier
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]