Chuck wrote:
On Friday 06 April 2007 15:21, Konstantinos Pachopoulos wrote:

i made a mistake:) every reference to eth1 in my examples should be eth3.

sorry
Hi Chuck,

that was a really helpful little email you sent there.
I've been running into issues on this subject myself so I'll be looking much more closely into iproute2 in my next setup.

Cheers

//

Hi Chuck,
i am using Debian Etch. Everything could bu useful at this point :)

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net
<mailto:chuck_at_sbbsnet.net?Subject=Re:%20%5BVserver%5D%20routing:
%202%20different%20virtual%20subnets%20on%20the%20same%20machine>>
 Date: Fri 06 Apr 2007 - 12:48:51 BST
 On Friday 06 April 2007 06:28, Konstantinos Pachopoulos wrote:
i ran into the same situation with 4 nics and solved it with iproute2
on the
host. using simple tables and rules i was able to have the machine
default
gateway for eth0 yet route all various subnets through their proper
nics with
their own gateways. what distro are you using for the host? i can only
give
exact specifics for gentoo but i can give you the basic config
structures you
 can adapt to other distros. iproute2 was the only way i could get this
 working properly.
if interested let me know and i will post a basic structure for your
setup.

 /> Hi, /
/> i have not much knowlege on routing and following other advice or
trying /
 /> to follow solutions to similar cases /
/> (http://www.freenux.org/~mm/wordpress/?p=10
<http://www.freenux.org/%7Emm/wordpress/?p=10> for example) didn't work for /
 /> me. So here is the case: /
 /> -on my virtual box there are guests running in 2 different subnets: /
 /> 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24 /
 /> -192.168.2.0/24 is supposed to be a DMZ. /
/> -the virtual box has 2 interfaces: eth0 for routing 192.168.1.0/24
and /
 /> eth3 for routing 192.168.2.0/24 /
 /> /
 /> /
/>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- /
 /> | vhost3-----vhost4 vhost1-----vhost2 /
 /> | /
 /> |__________________________________________________________| /
 /> | | /
 /> | 192.168.2.0/24 via eth3 | /
 /> 192.168.1.0/24 via eth0 /
 /> | | /
 /> | | /
 /> |_________ _______________________| /
 /> | | /
 /> router ----> wireless wan / Internet /
 /> /
 /> /
/> I just want the 192.168.2.0/24 to be routed via eth3 and
192.168.1.0/24 /
 /> via eth0. The router/firewall will take over afterwards. /
/> Suggestions? /
 /> Vserver mailing list /
 /> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /
 /> http://list.linux-vserver.org/mailman/listinfo/vserver /