On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 09:11:49AM -0700, Dallas Kashuba wrote:
> I've updated the wiki with information that seems to work for me...
>
> http://wiki.linux-vserver.org/Communicate
>
> "You can subscribe by emailing [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> with subject 'subscribe'.  To unsubscribe just send the email with
> subject 'unsubscribe'.  You must send the email from the address you
> are subscribed as, and look out for the confirm message that will be
> sent back to you from the list.  Once you confirm you will either be
> subscribed or unsubscribed."
>

> I just subscribed myself to the list using this method a few weeks
> ago. And I just tested unsubscribe and it also seems to work (it
> sends a confirm message but I didn't confirm).
>
> I'm just another subscriber like you guys and I figured this out
> through some trial and error, and a little knowledge of Mailman.
> Somebody really should fix the web interface, but the email interface
> seems to be fully functional.

we would if we could :(

problem is, the guy who is maintaining the list
(and thus the mailman interface) cannot be reached
for some time (6 month) and we have no real access
to the current subscription list, thus it would be
suboptimal to simply create a new list ...

I'm still hoping we manage to contact/find him and
then we can finally move the list somewhere else

if you want to help, please try to contact/find the
guy (Martin List Peterson) so that we can fix this
once and for all ...

TIA,
Herbert