Don't know if there is a future planned re-write or not but do you have
patch files that might be able to be used on the existing 1.3 code?  There
may be some signiciant changes between 1.2 and 1.3 though so that is my
concern.

Or does the group as a whole think it would be better to start development
again based on 1.2?  I would hate for all the 1.3 work to go to waste.

You might check on the cvs tree at sourceforge with the current version at

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=285

> Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 1:39 AM
> Subject: [vtcl] I would like to maintain Visual Tcl 1.2
>
> I have started working on my own on Visual Tcl 1.2 and I saw there is a
lot
> of interest in it.
>
> I would be very interested to continue the development.
>
> Here is what I already added:

<snip additions >

> Christian Gavin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I have posted a copy of my Visual Tcl at
>
> http://www.dnai.com/~cgavin/vtcl/download
>
> I would welcome comments, remarks, etc.!
>
> For now it requires Itcl but I am going to rewrite the few lines of
> code in the image manager that use Itcl to use standard Tcl/Tk instead.

There was talk of possibly using iTcl for the new stuff..so maybe this is a
starting point, unless the development team is sure they don't want to make
iTcl as part of it.

Eric Bresie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]