> Hi Everyone
>
> ThanksĀ  to this forum, I have been able to set up a network with a
vyatta > router at its center ( having eth0 eth1 and eth2 ) connected to
> the internet via eth0 and to two separate LANs through eth1 and
> eth2 respectively. the LANs are able to communicate with each other
> and with the WAN as well via the vyatta router .
>
> Now I want to do a performance analysis of this router . Can i
> get a detailed step by step documentation of how i can go about this ?
> How do i view the packets that are flowing through the router ? is
> there a thing like Wireshark in vyatta ?

The software includes tshark which can be used like wireshark to view the
packets, but for performance tests you'd want something outside of the
router like a spirent or ixia.  There's a performance whitepaper that
might be useful: http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/whitepapers.php

stig