I attempted the throw from Cisco to Vyatta last night, and failed.

>From what I can see, the Vyatta configuration is comparable to the
Cisco's configuration with the exception of the subnets on the interface
being class C since Vyatta cannot create routes directed toward an
interface through the CLI.

The problem:

I could not ping my ISP's router (Vyatta's default route). I am pretty
sure they are running Cisco equipment. Everything on our side worked
fine (routes, etc).

Could it be possible that they would need to clear arp cache or
something similar? I am really stumped on this one. I even set an
address on my laptop in the same subnet of the Vyatta up side, and it
talked to my laptop.

If anyone has seen a similar senario and has any tips please let me
know, OR if you would like to see the cisco config and the Vyatta config
to take a look, I am willing to provide.

Thanks,

Shane McKinley
Habersham EMC