Ok I just tried using the other enter key with no luck.  I swapped out
keyboards and that didn't help.  Then I threw the live boot back in it and
ran from that.  Now it works fine again.  If I go to the installed version
it still doesn't work.  I'm thinking it may be related to the media I had
used for the CD (It was the only disk I had and it was a bit rough).  I
think I'm going to try reinstalling with a clean CD to see if that works.

Thanks for your assistance

Jesse