Hi Adrian,

You're right that xl2tpd fixed both issues. However, the email you mentioned
said the fixes were for "openswan's new KLIPS code". The manpage for
"xl2tpd.conf" says essentially the same thing:

    ...allows tracking of multiple clients using the
    same internal NATed IP address, and allows tracking of  multiple
    clients behind the same NAT router.... Currently, this only works with
    Openswan  KLIPS  in "mast" mode.

Since we are using Openswan with NETKEY, it probably still won't work in the
current setup.

An-Cheng