Visagan S. wrote:

Thanks for quick response, now my xml output looks much better. I have
few questions.

This implies that you have successfully used w2x-app setup wizard.

1. what does the Type in wizard is used for, what is the difference
between "Paragraph" & "Paragraph 1 to pre".

w2x-app has an online help. Why not use it? This online help is also found here:

http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/_distrib/doc/w2x_app_help/index.html

The relevant section is: http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/_distrib/doc/w2x_app_help/style_mapping_editor.html

---
Paragraph 1 to pre

A paragraph having a custom style and containing significant whitespace and forced line breaks (that is, a paragraph typically containing multiple lines of code), e.g. p-KeyboardInput, is converted to an XML element where whitespace and line breaks are preserved, e.g. DITA pre outputclass="keyboard-input".
---

2. what I have to do with the docbook5_options.tar.gz?

This archive contains the files I've created using w2x-app setup wizard to solve your problem.

In principle, you don't need them. You wrote "now my xml output looks much better". This implies that you have successfully used w2x-app setup wizard. Hence, you managed to successfully *re-create* these files.

Anyway, you may uncompress docbook5_options.tar.gz using any utility which supports ".tar.gz" archives (e.g. 7-zip, http://www.7-zip.org/). This creates (attached) docbook5_options.txt and also folder docbook5_options_scripts/.

Then you may use these files to perform batch processing as follows:

w2x -f docbook5_options.txt MyDocument.docx MyDocument.xml

w2x is a command-line tool which may be invoked from a ".bat" file or from a shell script. This, in contrast with w2x-app, which is a desktop application.

3. Can we do a batch processing of the word files?

Yes, using command-line tool w2x. Please refer to the documentation:

http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/_distrib/doc/manual/index.html#w2x_command

I mean can we run conversion for more than one files at ones?

No, command-line tool w2x processes one DOCX file at a time. See documentation:

http://www.xmlmind.com/w2x/_distrib/doc/manual/index.html#w2x_command

This means that, to process several files at once, you'll have to write a ".bat" file (or a shell script on Linux and Mac) invoking command-line tool w2x from within a "for" loop.

My Questions might be silly;

They are not silly at all. They just show that you haven't spent sufficient time reading the documentation and understanding how XMLmind Word To XML works.

I am new to the word to xml migration.
Looking forward for your reply.

I'm sorry but, from now, I'm not going to answer to any of your questions about how to use the w2x and w2x-app programs. You are really supposed to read and understand the documentation, even if this is very boring and takes you several hours.

# AUTOMATICALLY CREATED BY w2x-app SETUP ASSISTANT. PLEASE DO NOT EDIT BY HAND!
###outputFormat docbook5
###option transform.cals-tables yes
###styleMapping PARAGRAPH_STYLE_1_TO_PRE p-Comptalk-NewExmplUncapt
programlisting
###styleMapping PARAGRAPH_STYLE p-Label bridgehead

-o docbook5
-p convert.set-column-number yes -p transform.cals-tables yes
-p edit.blocks.convert "p-Label p class='p-Label'"
-p edit.blocks.convert-to-pre "p-Comptalk-NewExmplUncapt pre
class='p-Comptalk-NewExmplUncapt'"
-t docbook5_options_scripts/custom_transform.xslt
--
XMLmind Word To XML Support List
w2x-support@xmlmind.com