Vojtěch,

    Questions are welcome :)

    I assume you wanted to say JavaScript instead of Java, if JS is
heavily used, then yes the web_spider is "almost useless".

    Well, the scan of the target URL can't be prevented, but if you
set the URL to http://target.com/ and disable web_spider, then w3af
won't have any parameters to find vulnerabilities in and the target is
"ignored" (most likely, haven't tested it).

Regards,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Vojtěch Polášek <krec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> my name is Vojtěch Polášek and I am a blind IT student from Czech Republic.
> As a part of my bachelor thesis, I am researching some tools for
> security analysis of web applications. One of those tools is W3AF, so
> expect some questions in near time :-)
> I need to perform analysis of Java application, where web_spider is
> useless. Therefore I use spider_man plugin. My question is; would it be
> possible to prevent initial scan of the URL set as target?
> Because it does not make much sense, as all needed input is facilitated
> through spider_man.
> Thank you for your response and best regards,
> Vojtěch Polášek

Andrés Riancho
Project Leader at w3af - http://w3af.org/
Web Application Attack and Audit Framework
Twitter: @w3af
GPG: 0x93C344F3