The road to peace in Darfur goes through China.

China is Sudan's chief diplomatic sponsor and its largest
foreign investor and trade partner. As a result, China can use
its significant influence over the Sudanese government to
determine Darfur's future

This month China holds the presidency of the UN Security
Council. China will also host the Summer Olympics in 2008,
offering this powerful nation an unprecedented opportunity to
shine on the world stage. But that will not happen if it
continues to remain silent in the face of genocide.

Next week, we will deliver petitions to the Chinese Embassy in
Washington, D.C., and to Chinese consulates across the country
asking Chinese President Hu to use his power to stop the
genocide in Darfur. Click the link below to sign the petition
now and remind China of its responsibility to bring an end to
the suffering.

http://ga6.org/campaign/china_embassy_petition

Please don't wait to add your name -- we need as many signers as
we can get by this Friday, July 20th, to make our hand-delivery
of the petitions as powerful as possible.

In the past, China has been one of Sudan's biggest defenders in
the diplomatic world. But worldwide pressure is mounting and
there couldn't be a better time to remind China that its
international reputation is at stake.

This is a unique moment. The world is looking to China as it
holds this critical role at the United Nations. And next year's
Olympic Games are intended to be a worldwide celebration of hope
for international cooperation and peace. Click the URL below to
sign the petition now.

http://ga6.org/campaign/china_embassy_petition

Then please forward this message to your friends and family and
ask them to join you by this Friday, July 20th.

If you'd like to make a donation to support the campaign, visit
the link below now: http://www.SaveDarfur.org/Donate .

Thank you for your help.
http://ga6.org/campaign/china_embassy_petition?rk=AdwFdOs1BAZMW

This email is Powered by Convio, Inc.