From: Antony N. Lord [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 20 October 2001 6:48
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Floor Plan / 3D Design

We occasionally put on shows in venues / clubs or marquees that
involves staging, PAs and all the usual stuff. It is often impossible
to predict exactly how everything will fit / look.

In the past we have just done "mud maps" to scale showing an overhead
(for layout), a profile (for depth) and a hand drawn "artist
impression" for "inspiration."

This of course useless if some element (like a stage size for
example) suddenly changes or we just decide to totally rearrange
everything.

I've also used Photoshop / Illustrator to create simple scale
drawings where its easier to move the elements about.

I'd love to be able to do something a little more technical / faster
/ impressive. What I for see is using some bit of software (3D?) to
just punch in the size of a simple box object (to represent a stage,
speaker stack, etc) and then drag / stack the objects as needed. When
happy I'd print floor plan and profile - a simple 3D view (no need
for fancy rendering yet) would be a bonus.

In short are there any key bits of software anyone can recommend? The
object simplicity seems to dictate I don't really need any huge fire
power and (as usual) there is no / low budget as I'm really only
making life easier for myself doing this.

Lemme know people!

Cheers, Antony.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]