On Thursday, November 29, 2001, at 04:21 PM, Severin Crisp wrote:

> I am currently running OS9.1 on a 7600 upgraded to a G3/400 with USB
> and Firewire cards.
> Apart from the usual internet chores (Eudora5 and IE5) and word
> processing with Office98 the bulk of my work involves After Effects5,
> PhotoShop5.5 and iMovie2.0.3.
> I would appreciate comments on the pros and cons of installing OS 9.2.1
> TIA
>
>
As far as I can determine, the main advantage of installing 9.2.1 is if 
you intend running MacOS X, since the support for Classic is better. If 
you're not running OS X, I'm not sure there are any real advantages. In 
fact, when 9.2.1 was first released there were so many reports of 3rd 
party extensions suddenly breaking in it that I did not bother 
upgrading. Even now, I have a pretty much bare-bones 9.2.1 (with a few 
necessary additions such as printer drivers ,etc) installed on a 
partition all on its own, just for running Classic in OS X. If I need to 
reboot in MacOS 9, I go back to 9.1 in another partition.


--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia Phone (618) 9332 6482 Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

  • OS 9.2.1 Severin Crisp
    • Re: OS 9.2.1 hinchlif