1. Just remember, Apple Menu = Start Button
2. Menu bars are on every window not the top of the screen
3. Exit = Quit
4. Close box is on the other side of the window
5. Don't delete ANY file EVER... It will probably kill the computer and
require a complete system re-install.
6. If you try to do something the logical way, it wont work.
7. Do something the most confusing illogical way, and it probably will
work.
8. CTRL-ALT-DEL is your friend.


On 29/11/01 8:03 AM, "Paul Dunham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All
> 
> I'm starting a new job in January and I'll be working in an all PC
> environment. I've never used a PC or Windows in my life. Are the differences
> really that huge? What should I look out for? Most of the time I'll be
> working with Word and Excel, so I don't expect there to be much difference.
> Is there a list similar to this one for PC users?
> 
> This interested me : when I told the technician at my present job, he said
> I'd be OK as long as they had good tech support. When I talked to the head
> technician at my new job, he said "Macs eh? You wouldn't have needed much
> tech support because they hardly ever break down." !! So, WHY have PCs taken
> over in the way they have, when even PC technicians are openly admitting
> that Macs are more reliable?
> 
> Thanks for your help.
> 
> Paul
> 
> ps. I'll be keeping my trusty G3 here at home no matter what!
> 

Regards

Matthew Healey

-- 

Matthew Healey
Information Systems
Western Orthopaedic Clinic
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phone: +61 (08) 9423 8800
Fax: +61 (08) 9381 8300

Suite 213
25 McCourt Street
Subiaco 6006
Western Australia