Greetings

I use Virex 6.1 and as far as I know this seems to work successfully on my
1999 iMac 333, System 8.5, Appleworks 5 (about to be AWks 6). I too had a
virus warning and clean up done by our ISP on one email recently - how
great to think they're looking after us so well!.

Sooz



Virex and Norton Anti Virus are the mac virus utilities of choice.
> 
> However, I find these utilities often slow everything to a crawl (waiting
> for a Jaz disk to be scanned etc, ditto CDs) so I usually turn them off
> after a while, and scan my HDs monthly, or when I see a new virus on the
> warpath.
> 
> I'd like to know other peoples experiences, as I tend to be less cautious
> then most people.
> 
> Cheers, Paul
> 
> --
> 
> Paul S
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> > From: Jon and/or Dot Price <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 11:38:38 +0800
> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Macs & Viruses?
> > 
> > Hello all.
> > having had a couple of advices from our ISP this week regarding viruses
> > being intercepted in our email, I had been wondering the situation
regarding
> > Macs and viruses?
> > My "iMac for Dummies" suggests us to be almost completely immune, with
> > suggestion of a simple adjustment to protect from the only one the author
> > knew of. I'm just wondering if anyone has more up-to-date info on the
> > question. Have read back a way in the archive and confidence of immunity is
> > quite high?
> > Don't need a virus for Christmas, and they seem to be proliferating?
> > Is there an effective Mac protection programme one should have, for
> > Christmas perhaps?
> > Best to all.
> > Jon Price
> > 
> > 
> > Got a Question? Try searching the WAMUG list archives first at
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wamug/messages/>
> > 
> > To unsubscribe from the WAMUG e-mail list, send e-mail from this account to
> > 
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > 
> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > 
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> Got a Question? Try searching the WAMUG list archives first at 
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wamug/messages/>
> 
> To unsubscribe from the WAMUG e-mail list, send e-mail from this account to 
> 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 
> 
> 
>