Hi,

We are running OS8.6 on a 5500/225 and have recently installed Netscape 6.1. When I first installed it, the browser worked just fine, but it is behaving very strangely a couple of days later.

It displays all local web pages (served off the hard disk)
It displays ftp:// files from remote servers
It displays .gif and .jpg files from remote servers (when specifically targeted)
It returns pages from perl scripts (CGIs) on remote servers

but.....

it won't display any web pages (.htm or .html) from remote servers, including my own ISP's server. Nor will it return .php pages. What we get returned is an empty HTML page with only the html and body tags (ie 4 tags) nothing else, all on the same line. We have proxy set correctly for the ISP and have tested just about everything we can think of without working out what is happening.

I thought it might have been the mime types, but since the browser CAN display web pages locally and only messes up remote pages, even that seems unlikely.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Kaye and Geoff
--
----