Took a look on MacOS X hints and they suggested a total reinstall of OS 9 which I have just done and Classic now starts.

Have you tried setting the permissions while logged in as root (either through terminal or through the login panel) ?
Matt.

I have just run DiskWarrior and repaired various files. Restarted in OS
10.1.2 and as has happened twice before after this process I have been
unable to launch into Classic.

On Classic starting I get the message -
"You do not have sufficient permissions to run Classic from
/System/Library/Core Services. Please correct permissions and restart
Classic."

In the past I have used either BatChmod or GetInfo to change various
files within Core Services to my user as the owner and this has
rectified the problem.

Today these changes don't appear to stick and I am unable to launch
Classic.

Keith Palmer
Zytech Marketing Pty Ltd
PO Box 342 Bunbury 6231
Phone: 0419927101 Fax: 0897915900
the online FireWire data storage store -
http://www.zytech.com.au/

Remember to get your FREE colour business cards -
http://www.zytech.com.au/contact.html