At 21:38 1/02/02 +0800, chesnutt wrote:
Is anyone on the list using a Palm Pilot?

Yes since 1996.

If yes:
1) How well does synching (in OS 9.1) work over USB?

Dunno.

2) Is 8 mb of RAM sufficient, or is 16 really necessary?

Depends.

I have had a Palm Pro since 1996 which had 1Mb of RAM. Late last year I replaced it with an M100 with 2Mb of RAM. The only reason I replaced it (it's still sitting on my desk - ah nostalgia), is because the screen was acting up and I had already swapped it a couple of times with Palm. I'm guessing I could have done so again, but I didn't. I've never run out of RAM and currently have 455 addresses, 1720 appointments and 220 memos which leaves me with 58% memory free.

In my opinion, if you treat it as a computer and not as an organiser, then not even 16Mb is enough.
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?      ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]