Hi all,
Given the current climate regarding correct netiquette and posting 
guidelines to WAMUG, I have decided to refloat a question I posted on 
Saturday (to which I received zero responses) in case my failure to 
state that I had first searched the usual web haunts without success 
(e.g. google, WAMUG archives, knowledge base) may have contributed to 
the lack of response. Still finding no reports of this problem 
elsewhere, I wonder whether there is someone on the list running 10.1.2 
and a ppp connection via modem would mind confirming whether their menu 
status icon exhibits similar behaviour to that outlined below - making 
sure, of course, that the "Disconnect when user logs out" option is 
unchecked in the ppp options of the Network preference. Else, if 
someone can point me to a url that I may have missed in my search, or 
suggest a possible solution that would also be appreciated.
I reformatted my drive and fresh installed 10.1.2 so I'm a little 
perplexed as to what may be the cause of this behaviour.

Thanks again,

Matt.


On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 10:58 AM, Matt Huitson wrote:

> Since upgrading to 10.1.2 I have noticed that if I logout then re-login 
> whilst connected to the web via modem, the modem status menu icon acts 
> as though I am no longer connected (i.e the icon has the shaded grey 
> connection link, the "modem" menu item reads idle and "connect" is 
> shown in the menu). This is despite the fact that the connection is 
> still active - as I wish it to be having set the preference for it in 
> the ppp options. Is this a known bug?
>
> (Pismo 500, internal modem)
>
> Matt.
>
>
----------------------------------------
Matt Huitson
Dept. of Psychology
University of Western Australia
Nedlands, WA 6097
Western Australia
work: 61 89 380 3639
mob: 0414 294 770


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]