Kevin Phyland wrote:

Hi every1,

Santa brought me a nice new NEC DVD player to go with my new TV/stereo :)
However, although the specs say that it can play MP3s on CD it doesn't
recognise any MP3 disks I put in it... :((

My questions:

1. Do MP3s have to be in any specific (i.e. I suspect non-Mac) format to play
on commercial equipment?

If I remember correctly you should select the "ISO 9660" standard/format when you burn the CD. This is supposedly the commercial format that should be recognised.

If I am wrong about this, I am sure someone else will provide a correction.

Good luck

Daniel Forsdyke