Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows how to automate telnet in OSX?

I made this apple script for 9. And then used chronotask to Reload it every
8 hours.

I need something that will log me in every 8 hours. And if the previous
session is active to logout first.

This is my old script

property MyUserName : "********" -- substitute your log-in name here
property MyHost : "********" -- substitute your connection host here
property MyPass : "*******" -- substitute your password here

on run
tell application "MacTelnet"
connect to MyHost name "my automatically-logged-in connection"
delay 3 -- give the connection a chance to open
copy connection 1 to my_connection
-- send AYT to my_connection -- sends ³are you there?²
-- wait for "[Yes]"
send MyUserName to my_connection with newline -- substitute your
user name here
delay 2 -- give the connection a chance to display pass prompt
send MyPass to my_connection with newline
delay 5 -- give the connection a chance to think
end tell
end run

Is terminal scriptable?

Regards,