Hiya all, This is from an American based PowerBook G4 list.
This bloke in Sydney had his PowerBook G4 for sale, and a prospective buyer took off with it when the seller wasn't looking! I've heard of plenty of cars and motorbikes that vanish when taken on a "test drive", but running off with someone's PowerBook like that is something most of wouldn't consider likely. Something for us all to keep aware of the next time we sell one of our Macs. The PowerBook's serial number and details are at the bottom there. Rgds, Phil >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >Subject: [Ti] Stolen Tibook Serial Number QT14800VKVB > >I have just had my Tibook stolen after someone answered an advertisement >and came to see it. When I went to get them a drink of water because the >person had a bit of a cough he took off with my powerbook. >Now before anyone says how stupid I am, I heartily agree. But I would like >to pass on a few observations that may help others avoid a similar >situation. > >1. Never leave your tibook in the possession of somone you do not know. >Take it with you. >2. Be wary of someone who does not give you a contact phone number for >whatever reason. >3. Be wary of anyone who doesn't park their car where it is visible. >4. Never forget that a Titanium Powerbook to someone else looks extremely >attractive from a financial point of view. It is easy to forget after you >have been using it for a while. > >In case someone should happen to come across any information, I am in >Sydney Australia so the first point of contact would be the NSW police >which would be contactable by phone on International 61 ( 2 ) 000. [This is >our emergency services number]. > >Though it is unlikely that anyone overseas may come across it the world is >becoming a smaller place every day. > >Details: > >G4 Powerbook 667/512 - 48GB Disk and DVD only - probably not a very common >configuration. >Serial Number QT14800VKVB. > > >Regards, >Nigel Smith -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sent from the Apple PowerBook G4 of: Phillip McGree Web: http://www.phil.net.au Perth, Western Australia http://chat.iinet.net.au Mobile Phone: 0418 922 500 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Macs for sale - new and secondhand http://mac.iinet.net.au

