Hi Peter

Having used it a few times there are some deficiencies - especially in that it doesn't make a bootable OS X volume. If you are using OS X then you need to run something like OS X Copy over the top to make a bootable system.

I just used the backup set and otherwise it runs fine. One member tells me that it won't backup to a LaCie burner which I thought was kinda odd.

Oh well it's free.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2002, at 02:19 PM, Peter Sealy wrote:


On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 12:01 PM, Keith Palmer wrote:

For those not wanting to lash out on a copy of Retrospect, download a
copy of LaCie SilverKeeper off VersionTracker.

It is free and it looks superb. I've just tried it out and it looks far
superior to any of the other free/cheap offerings I've looked at.

Keith
What did you backup from [source]?
What did you backup to [target]?
Which OS?
Did you back up your entire system?
Is the backup bootable?

Thanks
..........
Peter Sealy
Thurgoona, AUSTRALIA

"Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like there's nobody watching..."
[Brian Parkes, IFFA, d 2000]


Keith Palmer
Zytech Marketing Pty Ltd
PO Box 342 Bunbury 6231
Phone: 0419927101 Fax: 0897915900
the online FireWire data storage store -
http://www.zytech.com.au/

Remember to get your FREE colour business cards -
http://www.zytech.com.au/contact.html