>Has anyone out there had any experience scripting GraphicConverter?

A little, but rarely satisfactory.

>What I'm trying to do is pretty simply - go through a folder of images,
>load each one in turn into GC, copy it to the clipboard and paste into
>another app. Everything is working fine except the bit where I want GC
>to copy the contents of its front window. Nothing seems to work, and as
>us usual with things AppleScript, supporting documentation is woefully
>lacking. The GraphicConverter AS dictionary offers nothing constructive
>at all. I can't believe what I'm trying to do is not possible.

Try this:

tell application "GraphicConverter"
open alias "Zany:Users:peter:Desktop:i-1.JPG"
set selection of window 1 to {0, 0, 32000, 32000}
copy window 1
end tell

>Working in MacOS X. I'd use Preview instead of GC but it doesn't seem to
>be scriptable (at least it doesn't have a dictionary).

clip2gif was much better for being scriptable, you might try that 
(although it is not (and probably never will be) Mac OS X compatible).

These days, I've got ImageMagick installed and use it with Perl which 
is a wonderful solution to most of these sorts of problems. What are 
you pasting the images in to? It may be that ImageMagick/Perl is a 
better solution...?

Enjoy,
Peter.

-- 
<http://www.interarchy.com/> <ftp://ftp.interarchy.com/interarchy.hqx>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]