The problem with iinet and why some of their techs say their ADSL won't work
is simply because their staff are incompetant at supporting mac on
ADSL/don't want to bother supporting them. I rang them regarding setting up
ADSL (my ADSL only came with Windoze instructions) and they said "sorry,
can't help you. Macintosh isn't supported for ADSL". I did end up getting it
working; their tech support was just non existent( it was hard enough even
getting them to verify the settings I needed!)

However, since they *currently* use static Ips and not PPPoE, setting up
actually was very painless once you worked out what goes where!

Dave

PS. Iinet just released some brand spanking new ADSL plans that have some
nice touches (apparently unlimited download between 12am-7am!). They are
actually shaping up to be some of the best deals in Australia.