In earlier versions of Virtual PC I always saved a copy of the disk
image which I could use if there was a problem with the original.
When I loaded Virtual PC 5 I could not find the disk image. Does
anyone know if it is still there? I looked for an invisible file
using Sherlock but could not identify it.
A friend told me he obtained one by loading an older version which
produced the disk image and then loaded VPC 5 over it.
We have versions 2.0 (W 95), 2.1 (W 98), 3.0 (upgrade), 4 (W 98 ME)
and 5 (W 98 SE). I don't remember if version 4 produces a disk image.
Anyone know? Any suggestions?
I recently bought a PC CD which is not visible to VPC 5 but the Mac
can see it, and it does run on a PC. Maybe it is just the crummy
Windoze 98 SE which they give you with VPC 5. Maybe I should add
another disk and load Windows 98 from the CD I got with version 2.1.
I am told they no longer supply Windows CDs for fear it could be used
on a PeeCee. Ha bloody ha!
Diana
- Virtual PC Disk Image Diana & Graham Stevens
-