Hi folks,

I made my first attempt to print some photos a couple of days ago and the
result was not as good as I guess it could be. However by the time I made a
decent improvement I ran out of photo paper.

I have an iMac 266 with 288 MB RAM OSX 10.1.5
I use a Nikon F60 SLR camera and post my film to Extrafilm on the east coast
for developing. The prints are returned with a CD containing the photos in
JPG format in small, medium & large (the large being about a megabyte each).

I used Appleworks Draw to assemble three 6" x 4" photos on each A4 sheet.
I then selected BEST quality and selected the appropriate paper type, in
this case premium photo paper. I gradually discovered that by converting the
large JPG files to PICT files the quality improved a lot. The JPG prints
were very blotchy (especially skin tones). I also tried TIFF which were
better but not as good as PICT.

My printer is an HP 880C.

Is there any more I can do to improve the picture quality without diving
into expensive software purchases. ? Also any recommendations for paper type
would be appreciated.

--
Regards,
Stephen Chape