Hi Angus Thanks for the feedback. When I referred to original scripts I meant the ones which were installed with my systems, on both my powerbook & my iMac (covering systems OS9.1, OS9.2.2 & OS 10.1.2) these scripts are called 'Apple Internal 56K Modem (v.34)' and 'Apple Internal 56K Modem (v.90)' Both these scripts give me unreliable connections on both computers under all operating systems. The 'Apple int56K (v.34 Only)' script came from the 'Ross's Apple Scripts May 2000' folder which Bob Howell sent me and seems to give me a reliable connection on my powerbook but will not connect at all on my iMac (either under OSX or OS9.2.2) You say the RB ones are the new ones but they seem to have the same modification date as the 'Apple int56K (v.34 Only)' script ie 27 April 2000, I did try the 'Apple Internal 56K RB' script first but had two disconnections fairly quickly after. However I do have all of the scripts you list (thanks for the offer to forward) so I may try working up these to see if I can improve the connection speed. The problem is I don't believe it is just a speed problem since using the original scripts I had disconnection problems at a wide variety of initial connection speeds (including as low as 33600) while so far with the 'Apple int56K (v.34 Only)' I have not had any problems.
Cheers Neil on 01/08/02 09:02, Angus & Sue & Jordan Russell (Phuket) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Hi Neil > > Can't help with deciphering the logs but I have been using these scripts for > ages, especially useful as I travel around SE Asia quite a bit. > > I think you'll find that 'Apple Int56K (V34 Only)' and the 56k one are the > original scripts, the new ones are the RB ones. Here in WA I use the 56K RB > one all the time. If I am in Asia I start with that one and if I get bumped > off then I reconnect with the next one and so on, until I find one that > keeps me connected. > > If you got all the scripts you should have: > 56 > 50 > 49.3 > 48 > 46.7 > 46 > 45.3 > 44 > 42.6 > > these are the ones I keep, plus there should be a few more down to around > 32K if I remember correctly. > > If you do not have all these let me know & I'll send them over. > > BTW I am running OS9.2.1 on a G3/333 Lombard PowerBook bronze keyboard with > 384Mb > > Cheers > > Angus > >> Just to update on progress so far. Many thanks to all who responded and >> particularly to Bob for the scripts. Murphy was working well and as I told >> Bob: >>> When I last posted on this I had just been disconnected more than ten times >>> in >>> a few hours and all that week had been getting frequent disconnections. >>> >>> After you sent me the scripts I dropped some in the scripts folder ready to >>> try them the next time I had problems. So, would you believe it, since then >>> everything has been behaving amazingly well (even though I haven't yet tried >>> any of them!) in a week I've had only two or three disconnections!! (It >>> reminds me of when I had to faultfind the electronics on unmanned submarines >> >> I then tried re-booting into OS9.2 and again found that the original 'Apple >> Internal 56K Modem (v34)' script would connect (I didn't stay on long enough >> to see how long the connection lasted) but when I tried the 'Apple Int56K >> (V34 Only)' from the scripts Bob sent (placed in the >> OS9system/extensions/modem scripts folder), again the modem would not >> connect. > > > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.html> > Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > -- Neil R. Houghton Albany, Western Australia Tel: +61 8 9841 6063 Fax: +61 8 9841 6137 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

