Does anyone know how I can find out how many referrals from a certain portal
I am getting? Ie Yellow Pages / Pacific Access referring persons to my
restaurant web site?
Have tried looking at web logs, but I think it gives the details of the ISP
of the person, not the portal. (I could be wrong).
The web server needs to be set up so that it logs referrers. Some
setups don't do this by default.
Another way to do it is to have two URL's pointing to similar pages,
and give one URL to one portal and one to the other. Makes it much
easier to track where your hits came from.
And does anyone know of a comparo between an iMac 17" and a DP new G4? There
was a comparo site mentioned recently, but they never had these two
compared.
If you've already got a monitor, you can get a low end DP G4 cheaper
(even if you BTO a SuperDrive into it) than a high end iMac. (At
least that's what I got playing around at the Apple Online store).
It'll be faster too (dual processors and all) and more easily
expandable but not as sexy.
Have fun,
Shay
--
=========================== Shay Telfer ================================
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer It must be bunnies!
Opinions for hire [POQ]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] fnord