This was covered last week on the list but here goes!

If transferring between both Macs and Windoze PC's, you'll need to get the
Windoze version of the iPod.

This is because Windoze machines cannot read a Mac formatted (?HFS) iPod,
however a Mac can read both HFS and IBM formats.

Hope this helps

Regards
Daniel F