On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 10:34 AM, Dark Lord wrote:

> I was running Mozilla 1.2b yesterday while running ICQ and iTunes in
> the background. Upon trying to "Save Page As" the finder crashed. I
> lost all my finder windows and my desktop icons disappeared. The menu
> bar and dock remained visible and functional. I had things that I
> still needed to do online so I didn't try restarting at the time. I
> came back to my computer today and performed a restart. Now when the
> computer starts up the top menu bar flashes on and off until I load an
> application from the dock and I still can't run my finder.
> I have been left only to be able to run my applications in the dock and
> my system preferences via the menu bar.
>

Have you tried going to the Apple Menu and open up the Force Quit 
window. From here you can restart the Finder and this could solve the 
problem... I have had a similar issue that this fixed...

Good luck,

Phil

IMPORTANT:
The contents of this email transmission are confidential and may be 
protected by professional privilege. The contents are only intended 
for the named recipient/s of this email. If you have received this 
message in error please notify us immediately and destroy the original.

Psychological Health Care
837 Beaufort Street
Inglewood
Western Australia 6052

Phone: 08- 93715455
Facsimile: 08-93715975
Mobile: 0402-033027


Begin forwarded message:

> From: Dark Lord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue Jan 7, 2003 10:34:41 AM Australia/Perth
> To: WAMUG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Complete Finder Crash (OS 10.2.3)
>
> I was running Mozilla 1.2b yesterday while running ICQ and iTunes in
> the background. Upon trying to "Save Page As" the finder crashed. I
> lost all my finder windows and my desktop icons disappeared. The menu
> bar and dock remained visible and functional. I had things that I
> still needed to do online so I didn't try restarting at the time. I
> came back to my computer today and performed a restart. Now when the
> computer starts up the top menu bar flashes on and off until I load an
> application from the dock and I still can't run my finder.
> I have been left only to be able to run my applications in the dock and
> my system preferences via the menu bar.
>
> Running
> 10.2.3
> G4/400
>
> Please help
> Ruben A. Franke
>
>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.html>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.html>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to 
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]