I'm just wondering whether there's a way to get iCal to recognise events
that cross over days.

For instance and event that runs from 9pm-6am.

At the moment I'm having to split it up to 9pm-12am and 12am-6am.


About the best you can do is to click the "All Day Event" check box. This lets an event span any number of days, but it doesn't allow you to specify start and end times.

I had a bit of a play around, and I may have discovered something of a work around or a bug.

To get the 9pm-6am event, I created a nine hour event (say 9am - 6pm) then using the mouse I just drag it down so it starts at 9pm.

However, it seems you can only view it in Day view and not Week or Month. If you give it a go, you'll see what I mean. So it's probably just as inconvenient as splitting the event up over two days :)

Callum