Here's a nice tip I've just come across for MacOS 10.2.4 (although I 
get the impression that this has been possible in previous versions of 
10.2 as well):

Create a folder called "PDF Services" in the Library folder in either 
your Home folder or the Main Directory. The next time you go to print 
something, you will than see that the "Preview" and "Save as PDF..." 
buttons on the Print Dialog change to icons, and the "Save as PDF..." 
icon has a pop-up menu attached to it. You can then place various 
objects in the PDF Services folder you just created, and have them 
honoured in this pop-up menu: you can place applications,applications, 
folders, Applescripts or UNIX tools, or aliases to these. For example, 
placing an alias of your Desktop folder there gives you a menu item 
"Desktop", and when selected causes the PDF file to be saved onto your 
desktop.

For more information (and a screenshot), visit 
<http://www.apple.com/applescript/print/>.

-- 
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia Phone (618) 9332 6482 Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]