A colleague of mine is unable to install software downloaded from the net
(or taken from a cd we have given him), even though two other people have
succeeded in doing so. The difference, is that he is using an e-mac running
OSX, while we are running OS8.6 and 9.2....

We had this problem, even though we only have one account on our eMac, and it has full administrator privileges. We solved it be rebooting in OS9, installing the software, then rebooting into OSX, where it launched under Classic with no problem.

Cheers, Kaye
--
Kaye Stott and Geoff Prince
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]