On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 17:43, ECU Account wrote:
> Does anyone know about US plugs? I am moving to the States and wanted know
> any info on running all my computer gear through one of those voltage
> adapters (since I have Aussy plugs on my gear) Can I expect any problems? Is
> it a viable option, this adapter, or should I sell up and buy up when I get
> over there?

Unless your power supply in the device you're plugging in is
auto-switching - and not many are - you'll blow up the device if you
just use a plug-adapter, because we use 240v/50Hz, they use 110v/60Hz.

Many Macintosh computers have auto-switching power supplies, but not
all.

A step-up transformer likely exists, but I've no idea on the cost
associated. I'd do a search online for such a beast.

Regards,

Onno Benschop 

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
-- 
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno.. 
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno.. 
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno.. 

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, Dalcon
ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - onno at itmaze dot com dot au