On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 05:17 PM, Rosemary Horton wrote:

>
> but, I can't follow this. I get to the File>Get Info and the box with
> stuff about Dreamweaver opens, but can't find Memory, nor can I find a
> Show pop-up menu.
>
> What am I missing? Where is it?
>
> Rosemary Horton
>
>

This stuff only shows up with Classic applications. If you don't see 
any of this I can only assume your are running MacOS X, and a recent 
version of DW such as DreamWeaver MX. DW MX is a carbonised 
application, but one which does not have the option to run it in 
Classic from MacOS X. As such, there is no provision to allocate 
memory. MacOS X does all that automatically.

Earlier versions of Dreamweaver are Classic-only, and should show you 
the Memory allocation option whether you're in MacOS 9 or MacOS X.

Having said all this, Dreamweaver MX will also run happily in MacOS 9 
(with the correct Carbon extension) in which case the Memory allocation 
option will be available.

-- 
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Western Australia Phone (618) 9332 6482 Fax (618) 9332 0913
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]