I'm assuming you don't have any cables plugged into the composite video or S-VHS video out plugs on your card? If you do have, the Mac may sense that is the case and assume you have a TV connected.

Otherwise, have you tried re-setting your firmware or zapping your PRAM?

Here are some keyboard shortcuts you can try immediately after re-booting:
cmd-opt-n-v
Clear NV RAM. Similar to reset-all in Open Firmware.

cmd-opt-p-r
Zap PRAM. Hold down until second chime.

-Mart


At 5:52 PM +0800 17/8/03, Brian Scott wrote:
Hi,

On my 8600/G3-450 I'm running OS 9.1 and have an ATIi XCLAIM_LTPro
video card and have been running 2 monitors for a while but after getting
over some difficulty which involved replacing the CPU and messing up my
extension selections the monitor control panel is showing a TV along with
my other 2 monitors, I'm fairly sure it wasn't there before because both
monitors had millions of colors but now one of them is relegated to
thousands of colors because the TV has been allocated the ability to have
millions of colors. I don't have a TV monitor attached only a VGA
and a AppleVision.

I've tried turning off the ATi TV extensions but it didn't help.

Is there a way of de-activating the TV monitor in the monitor
control panel or is there some other way of doing it?

Thanks
Brian


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro


--
-------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Hill                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Multimedia Consultant       http://is.curtin.edu.au/eot/
Educational & Online Technologies, Information Services, Curtin University Mobile: 0417-967-969 wk: (08)9266-3101 Fax: (08)9266-3826