Hi People,
I have Real Player 8 to instal but the Installer thinks I have no spare
space on the Hard Drive.
Mac 7300/7600 were sup[plied with 2 GB hard drives, but I replaced
it with a 9GB. Everything works OK and System Profiler says it is an 8.5
and the opens showing 4.76GB free.
I have an old version of PrestoPage Manager which always shows that
the Hard Drive is 2GB
and now the Real Player 8 Installer seems to be saying similar.
Does anybody know whether there is background information
that I should change to correct this please
Programs using older software API's could detect large amounts of
hard drive space as being negative (due to integer overflow). Thus
the value they detected was less than zero, and the drive was full
as far as they could tell.
One possible solution is to either fill up the hard drive so that
you've got less than 2Gb free and then try installing, or install
onto a different drive (this last approach may not work as the
installer probably wants to install files onto the boot drive)
Good luck,
Shay
Thank you Shay !
My question got lost in the email and I have found HALF the problem since,
( But only after half emptying the hard drive, what a wally )
which was an old Real Player file which had recorded the HARD DRIVE NAME
when the old Real Player was installed.
The Hard Drive had since been renamed and of course the old name drive did have
NO free space. It just was not available.
Trap for young ???? and BLIND players. I had checked all through the
preferences but this thing was sitting under the heading "
Application Support. "
Have fun.
Bob