Hi all

A cable question.  Recent questions about using the s-video out port on G3
powerbooks has made me think about trying to hook mine up to the telly for a
bit of DVD viewing.  Having bought the 'book second hand, I don't have the
cable that apparently they are born with, so I need to get one.  What I'm a
little unclear about is whether the s-video out port only carries the
picture information, or if audio pins are also there?  If s-video is picture
only, presumably I need to use the stereo audio out port to convey the
audio.

Can someone help with advice on the type of cable I need please?  Is it
possible to get one cable with vision and audio together?  My TV has both
component and composite video input.

The S-Video port only has video signals. You'll need a headphone jack to dual RCA plugs for the audio (in addition to the S-Video to composite adapter). You can buy everything necessary from Jaycar on Newcastle St. in Northbridge or possibly Dick Smith, Tandy etc.

Have fun,
Shay
--
=========================== Shay  Telfer ================================
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper, race the
 Opinions for hire              [POQ]     2003 World Solar Challenge
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]         fnord     <http://sungroper.asn.au/>