On 2003-09-20 22:21, "Mervyn & Giuliana Bond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I Received the message below on the 17 and the 18/9/03 and responded
> as requested.
> 
> However, my address has been <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for over a year, why
> the sudden need to enter the machine name of talen?
> 
> Anyway, after the second message I altered my settings in Eudora to
> include 'talen' and sent the asked for reply.
> 
> I have since reset to my original address.
> 
> What is happening?
> 
> Merv

The reason for the machine name appearing is probably related to the
transfer from yahoogroups to wamug's own email server. The list server has
had that entered as your subscription address. Harmless really, or at worst
annoying for you trying to administer your subscription. Unsubscribing
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and subscribing [EMAIL PROTECTED] would fix it.

The bounce message, well I'm not so sure about that. I've been getting a LOT
of them from WAMUG lately, and I can't figure out why anything should have
been bouncing (except for the usual suspects: email worm propagation, and my
mail server being in the States). If more people are getting them
frequently, might it be a misconfiguration on wamug's server?

Ry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(I wonder if CommuniGate could be configured to add an "X-Serve: Yes"
header? ;)