Hi, I've tried setting the outgoing mail server through my ISP, which is what I do, for example if using my student account at Murdoch, but checking my email at iinet.

However, trying this with the ozmac account resulted in a setting where the ozmac account was added to iinet to make an impossible outgoing server address. I've ended up deleting all my emails a couple of times in order to try to get rid of it, because it would take over when using my iinet account. Sad about the archive of my emails as well.

I would like to know how to delete the impossible outgoing server because it comes back to haunt me sometimes, preventing me being able to send emails. An intermittent fault.

I've given up trying to use ozmac as a POP email account for this reason, and just check it through my browser.

Also found that if I sent to an email another ozmac account, ozmac refused to accept the email saying it required authentication. But my ISP outgoing server does not allow adding authentication. So, can't do it this way.


On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 09:00  PM, Dark Servant wrote:

I'm trying to configure my Mail program to use my ozmac.com email. I've got everything figured out except for the outgoing server part. Could someone tell me what I need to put in this part? Also over time I've got a bit over a build up of outgoing servers for selection. Is there a way to delete the unused ones?

Thanks
Ruben A. Franke


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro


---
Susan Hastings
Registered Psychologist
Bentley Family Therapy Centre
9 Mills Street
Bentley  WA  6102

Telelphone: 9458 1551
Fax: 9458 4484
Mobile: 0409 688 004