Could be a screen cable problem. If you squeeze the frame between thumb and finger (I think on the left) about two thirds up, you may find the screen magically fixes itself. Happened to my old lombard some years ago and its apparently a known problem.

Cheers
Mike

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 10:53  PM, Robert Morgan wrote:

Thanks for your reply. The screen is 90% of the time covered with
stripey colours. Sometimes, at a certain angle, I get the desktop, but
most of the time just a colour spectrum. Your link doesnt seem to be
working. do you still think it would be a cheap thing to fix?

  ~
Robert
     Griffin
            Morgan
www.amitar.com.au/~morgan/tonepoet/
           8123364136
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jarred Flatman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/25/03 17:06 PM >>>
It sounds like that if you can see the screen at angles or out in the
sun or under light that your backlight has gone out it is a fairly
cheap part to replace as you can see

http://www.powerbooktech.com/component,name-LCD-Backlight-for-
Powerbook-Pismo-(LG),type-Pismo.htm

that one is for the lg display pismo and is in US prices of course.....
On Thursday, 25 September 2003, at 3:14 AM, Robert Morgan wrote:

Can I use a TV to  view my G3 Powerbook desktop?
The monitor screen has just about died (stupid apple) and now I want
to
be able to use the computer through my TV.

Some times, at a certain angle, I can see the screen;

I have the  adaptor cable for video in/out, but how can I set the
monitor control panel up for the external tv screen? The monitor
control
panel doesnt have any options of this kind, and there is limitted help
in the apple help tuits. Or am I supposed to tune the TV INTO the
powerbook (ie the other way round)??

OS 9.2.2, G3 Lombard Powerbook, 230RAM

Please help!!!!

  ~
Robert
     Griffin
            Morgan
www.amitar.com.au/~morgan/tonepoet/
           8123364136
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]


-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro