> there are _NO_ Newton lovers just Newton victims in denial...... ;P

Handwriting recognition & ease of use's still better than Palm or even my
P800. Software more intuitive and well integrated but needed MP2000 to
shine.

But as an MP3 jukebox ... <umm> why not get a P800 w/128 Mb memory stick
like I have. It's a 'poor man's iPod'. That runs text input and 3rd party
programs like I wish the iPod did. Or you could even get an iPod :-)

> (for clarity sake - IMHO Newtons were good, Newtons were great,
> Newtons were under-supported, overpriced and poorly marketed)

And too big (although when you started to use it it was good).

> ... do you have a Newton in the bottom of your sock draw to?

I have four and would honestly still be using them but have worn out all
their screens (you get that afer 6 years daily use), so the handwriting
recognition doesn't work reliably any more.

Politics, not technology, killed the Newton. (Palm helped :-)

Brett Carboni
Tsunami
"Eat sashimi of newt on your palm"