Hi,

FYI, I had the earlier version 10.2.8, which I did not remove, installed on
a G4 450,an eMac and the new iBook without any known problems. So using the
Software Updater the installer is only 880K and updated without any problems
:)

The info using the Software Updater is:

The 10.2.8 Update (Build 6R73) includes an updated ethernet driver for
450MHz and 500MHz dual processor Power Mac G4 desktop systems and an update
to the battery status menu.

Cheers,
Peder 

on 4/10/03 8:13 AM, David Hudleston at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just installed the reposted 10.2.8 reload from software update which
> required a restart.
> 
> Initially my PowerBook G4 refused to restart - even the "wheel" span
> for more than 10 minutes and the computer made encouraging noises.
> 
> It required a force restart to begin operating again.
> 
> Everything is functioning okay now. I'll see how it works when it is
> plugged into a network during the week.
> 
> regards
> David Hudleston
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> WAMUG is powered by Stalker CommuniGatePro