Hi all,

What is the Volume Wrapper, it was mentioned in an
email about the Stuffit 8 issue.

I want to know what it is, what it does and how bad
errors with that are.

The reason is I get critical errors found in the
Volume Wrapper at least once a day when I run Disk
Warrior and I am trying to find out what exactly is
going on. It seems to get repaired when I run Disk
Warrior but as soon as I reboot, if I run it again,
its back.

Cheers,
Kelly

The volume wrapper is a data structure used so that if a computer running a pre System 8.1 operating system looks at the HFS+ drive it will see an HFS drive with a TeachText file on it which explains why you can't see any of the data on the disk. It does seem that problems occur with them from time to time, but IMHO I don't think it will affect a modern machine attempting to mount a disk.

You should of course have a current backup, but that's always the case.

Thanks,
Shay
--
=========================== Shay  Telfer ================================
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper, race the
 Opinions for hire              [POQ]     2003 World Solar Challenge
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]         fnord     <http://sungroper.asn.au/>